Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tokyo Diva Group

I returned to Tokyo in February and got in touch with my Tokyo Diva Group.  There are four of us just now.  We are all Exxon wives and we get together once a month for lunch and an outing. I was still and for the most part I am still uneasy about traveling on the trains and subways by myself.  I am afraid I will get lost since I am directionally dysfunctional. Zana meet me at my station and she traveled back with me to make sure I got home okay.  I was late getting home or should I say Ed was early getting home and already in a panic because I was late and he thought I was lost.  The cell phone was not ringing in my pocket or I didn't hear it.  We were joining a co-worker for dinner and he was just about to walk out the door to let them know I was lost and he was going in search of me.  He was writing a note when I walked in the door.



The statue of the dog is the Hachiko. It is a statue of the dog who would follow his master to the train station everyday he went to work and just sit and wait for him till he returned. His master died suddenly but the dog continued to go to the station and wait everyday and then he just stayed at the station waiting until he, the dog, died. They made a movie of the story with Richard Gere.  I had just seen the movie when I was home.

The crazy smile comes from me saying "whiskey" to help me smile instead of saying cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment