Thursday, March 24, 2011

AMEYOKO

I know it has been a while  but I went home on around November 20 th and came back February 19th, but before I left for home Ed and I visited a few places of interest that I wanted to share with you.

The first was Ameyoko. It is a busy market street with hundreds of shops and alley ways filled with more shops. The name "Ameyoko" is a short for  "Ameya Yokocho" ( candy store alley), as candies were traditionally sold here.   Alternatively, "Ame" also stands for America, because a lot of American products used to be available on the black market.  Today, various products such as clothes, bags, cosmetics, fresh fish, dried food, nuts and spices are sold, really anything you can imagine .  It would take you the whole day if not two to look around Ameyoko.
 Entrance to Ameyoko market street
 There are even shops under the train rails, hundreds of shops.
There are hundreds of people on every street and in each alley way.

No comments:

Post a Comment